It's Not Just What You Build, It's How You Build It
Modernizing your data architecture is not a small matter. Many companies have started this journey of building a data lake to consolidate all enterprise wide data and doing all transformations within but failed miserably because of complexity. Some challenges include:
- Not doing due diligence to understand the components and cost of the entire effort (technology, ETL, reporting, etc.)
- Not having the proper architecture and framework to leverage the right technologies needed to accomplish business goals
- Planning for varieties of data (structured & unstructured, public, syndicated, social, etc.) in batch and real-time
- Leveraging the right engine for data transformation and analytics
- Understanding total cost of ownership for people, process and technology
Clarity Insights has shown that process matters as much, if not more, than technology.